1. What was your biggest accomplishment this year?
I was promoted part way through the year; this provides us with a measure of financial stability (understatement) and puts me firmly back in management (potted career history; I started as an expendable orc, then became a manager of expendable orcs, moved to the centre of the organisation to become a very small fish in a very big pond, am now pike). The work is really very interesting, but for the most part other people do it, and my job is to encourage them to do the right things and help them do it well.
2. What was your biggest disappointment?
Have been perpetually vacillating between exhausted and grumpy ever since (1). Also, that promotion happened while I was halfway through a very interesting piece of work, which was then finished by my mentee, very competently. Possibly better than I would have done it. I feel guilty about feeling sour about this.
3. Will you be making any New Year's resolutions?
I generally don't; I'm going to log my reading in 2003, though, as much to prove to myself that I do some as for any other reason.
4. Where will you be at midnight? Do you wish you could be somewhere else?
I'm going to hawkida's party. No, that's exactly where I want to be. But ask me again tomorrow.
5. Aside from (possibly) staying up late, do you have any other New Year's traditions?
No, and one of the achievements of my life is that none of my family now believe that New Year is a family time.