I was born in Bristol, have lived in Bristol, Teesside, the west coast of Scotland, Pennsylvania, Texas, Teeside again, Chester and London. I live in London now.
1. A body of water, smaller than a river, contained within relatively narrow banks?
A rivulet, or an irrigation channel. Depending.
2. What the thing you push around the grocery store/supermarket?
A shopping trolley.
3. A metal container to carry a meal in?
A foil takeaway dish
4. The thing that you cook bacon and eggs in?
A frying pan
5. The piece of furniture that seats three people?
6. The device on the outside of the house that carries rain off the roof?
7. The covered area outside a house where people sit in the evening?
8. Carbonated, sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages?
9. A flat, round breakfast food served with syrup?
10. A long sandwich designed to be a whole meal in itself?
a baguette (you want sub or hoagie, in which case I'm hoagie fer sure).
11. The piece of clothing worn by men at the beach?
12. Shoes worn for sports?
13. Putting a room in order?
14. A flying insect that glows in the dark?
15. The little insect arthropod that curls up into a ball?
16. The children's playground equipment where one kid sits on one side and goes up while the other sits on the other side and goes down?
17. How do you eat your pizza?
With a knife and fork, crust first.
18. What's it called when private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff?
Huh. Car boot sale, but they drive it somewhere first. Or a garage sale but we don't have those here.
19. What's the evening meal?
20. The thing under a house where the furnace and perhaps a rec room are?