Step 1: Get your playlist together, put it on random, and play!
Step 2: Pick your favorite lines from the first 25 songs that play!
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song the lines come from!
Step 4: Cross out the songs when someone guesses correctly!
OK, it's the entire iTunes playlist, on random, so the first 25 of, um, 14,389. And I've actually put it on Party Shuffle and stripped out things that Don't Seem Quite Right. Like the first track, very famous but with No Good Lyrics At All. And the second, which is instrumental. And the fourth, which is in Gaelic, and where web lyric sites tell me it's instrumental (it's not). And the sixth, which is by Fleetwood Mac. And the fourteenth, which I had no idea was on my iMac. And the sixteenth, which was an iTrip code. And some other instrumentals, and a song which I know I have (I got it off drplokta) but which is truly execrable.
What's left ranges, I think, from trivial to really quite hard.
Entirely separately, I realise I have to start writing about music. That and print Christmas cards. One or the other.
Anyway, here goes: start your engines.
3. So here's adieu to ducks and geese, likewise to lambs also
5. Blackmail and lies and the narrowing of eyes
9. Dudu dudu dilleri
12. Bringing boys home brought the same result -- a kiss, a scream, a bang!
15. They was payin' him a pound an hour, and they was payin' me fifty pence
16. The night is quick to anger, the dawn is slow to rise
17. A small sprig of time and as much of prudence
21. It's in my head to stay in bed tucked under the sheets
22. Wander over these crazy days in my mind
23. The medium roams and rambles
24. Without the dreamers what happens to the dream?
25. When you were the brightest star who were the shadows?